Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bone Marrow Donation Registry

I said I would post more often, but maybe I meant *after* the wedding.

Just a quick post here---inspired by Melvin. He recently registered to enter the bone marrow donor registry, after we saw something on television about how the registry needs more people of color and of mixed ethnicity. (I registered too, after I saw him doing it, but apparently my marrow is in much less demand). In the process, we learned that bone marrow donation is relatively pain-free and is almost always out-patient. The website is really informative:

http://www.marrow.org/

They are in greatest need of donors who are
  • Black or African American
  • American Indian or Alaska Native
  • Asian, including South Asian
  • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
  • Hispanic or Latino
  • Multiple race
Consider registering with us and/or helping spread the word!

No comments: